1. Reboot the server
2. Start hitting the shift key a bunch of times
3. Grub menu should appear with list of kernels
4. Hit “e”
5. Change the line that looks similar to:
linux /vmlinuz-2.6.32-40-server root=/dev/mapper/ubuntu--base--chef-root ro quiet splash
linux /vmlinuz-2.6.32-40-server root=/dev/mapper/ubuntu--base--chef-root rw init=/bin/bash
6. Hit ctrl-x
Share and Enjoy
The following two tabs change content below.
Sr. Engineer (DevOps)
Loves to work on Opensource products. Having experience on Linux environment. Knowledge on Public cloud services like AWS, Rackspace, DigitalOcean, Linode. Please don't hesitate to give a comment on the posts. Your comments are my strength.
Latest posts by Tapas Mishra (see all)
- Working with Docker – II - December 16, 2016
- Working with Docker – I - November 28, 2016
- How to work with Chef using Oracle VirtualBox and Vagrant on a Windows host – Part II - November 30, 2014